Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Full Frontal


Why are those dudes naked, you ask? I don't know. What I do know is they now have a radio show on idobi and it's surprisingly entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I dig All Time Low, but when I heard about this show I felt like "Really? These guys are gonna talk for an hour? How's that possibly going to work?"

Well, I got my answer when I tuned in to the premiere of Full Frontal. It was exactly what I expected:  the first few minutes of the show featuring the realizations "I don't even have to say 'eff', I can say 'fuck' because it's the Internet" and "We're going to have no fans left".

Admitting that they had no idea what they were doing and depending on a friend in their hotel room to make them feel like they were doing it right was awkward...for a minute. Then the awkwardness went away as they got into discussing current events and the pros and cons of friends with benefits. Throughout recent episodes their banter and their crew weighing in on topics have made for a good time. It's an hour well spent.

Although the show seems to lose a bit of momentum without their other tour mates around, it's going strong into it's fifth week, the "Warped Tour Special" set to include guest appearances from The Summer Set's Brian Dales and The Wonder Years Dan Campbell.

Overall, Jack and Alex are truly entertaining (although Vinny Vegas is the clear star) and to be (surprisingly) qualified to host a radio show. If you've got some time on Monday evening, I'd have to recommend you listen. If you don't have time and/or are one of the people who have complaining about the shows inconvenient timing, head over to iTunes. You can download Full Frontal episodes for free and subscribe to the show to have the newest episode automatically download when it's posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment